Target advertisements to you
Build a profile of your web surfing
Track your browser across multiple websites
Provide a sustained login state within secure areas of the site. This feature will work with cookies disabled however you will need to login to each secure page individually.
Your X and Y page position co-ordinates may be saved as cookies to improve usability, for example when submitting a form the page will return to a predefined position to report any submission errors or the success of the submission.
We may also use Google Analytics to analyse the use of this website. This provides us with important information regarding how the site is used and enables us to further improve our website.
More information regarding cookies can be found here:
by SEQ Legal
Cookies are files, often including unique identifiers, that are sent by web servers to web browsers, and which may then be sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
Cookies can be used by web servers to identity and track users as they navigate different pages on a website, and to identify users returning to a website.
Cookies may be either "persistent" cookies or "session" cookies. A persistent cookie consists of a text file sent by a web server to a web browser, which will be stored by the browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date (unless deleted by the user before the expiry date). A session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
This document was created using an SEQ Legal template.
We use only session cookies on this website.
We may send to you the following cookies:
Cookies do not contain any information that personally identifies you, but personal information that we store about you may be linked, by us, to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
We may use the information we obtain from your use of our cookies for the following purposes:
(1) to recognise your computer when you visit our website;
(3) to improve the website's usability;
(4) to analyse the use of our website;
(5) in the administration of this website;
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. For example:
(1) in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking "Tools", "Internet Options", "Privacy", and selecting "Block all cookies" using the sliding selector
(2) in Firefox you can block all cookies by clicking "Tools", "Options", and un-checking "Accept cookies from sites" in the "Privacy" box.
Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites. If you block cookies, you will not be able to use the login feature on this website.
You can also delete cookies already stored on your computer:
(1) in Internet Explorer, you must manually delete cookie files;
(2) in Firefox, you can delete cookies by, first ensuring that cookies are to be deleted when you "clear private data" (this setting can be changed by clicking "Tools", "Options" and "Settings" in the "Private Data" box) and then clicking "Clear private data" in the "Tools" menu.
Obviously, doing this may have a negative impact on the usability of many websites.
This website is owned and operated by Brockhurst and Marlston House Schools.
If you have any questions about our cookies or this Cookies Policy, please contact us by
telephone: 01635 200293 or
post: Brockhurst and Marlston House Schools, Hermitage, Newbury, Berkshire RG18 9UL.